"HANDLE WITH CARE"
- Collaboration piece between two friends, two humans who share the same common purpose in life. To make people feel loved. To make our work & words to be of benefit to ourselves and others.
- Original. One-of-a-kind
- Original typed & signed poem by Christopher Poindexter reads:
"Every human being on this planet is battling something,
so for the life of me I will never understand why we are so cruel
to one another, why we do not love more often and more natural,
and why sympathy towards our fellow human has become a mystical thing.
Where are our eyes, our spirits, our blood pumping and beating hearts when
they are needed most? The formula, when we truly think about
it, is simple. Be gentle. Be kind. Treat every living soul with the tenderness
of a mother. Be forgiving and hold no grudges. We speak of love
like it is this mundane and cliche reference, like it is just another
word in the daring human language, but at the end of it all,
when we throw in the final towel, the white flag raised high and holy to the cosmos,
love will be the only thing left. The only thing that truly mattered.
Our only purpose is to invest in it. To treat it like music,
and move our bodies to it, our eyes wide and our hearts open in relentless bloom."
- 16" x 36" x 4"
- mixed-media (aerosol, oil stick, cement, ink, acrylic, resin)
- layered epoxy resin finish
- portion of proceeds benefiting charity The Trevor Project
- Founded in 1998 by the creators of the Academy Award®-winning short film TREVOR, The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13-24.